A treadmill is the most popular trainer that is available in almost every fitness club. Many people even get it at home.
If you work out in the gym, you can always ask all the questions of interest to the instructor. And if at home - then the instruction will always help you understand how to properly use the treadmill.
Moreover, after reading this article, you do not need to spend time studying the instructions. This material includes a description of the use of almost all the options for treadmills and will make it easy to get used to different models and understand how different functions work.
How to turn on and off the simulator?
Only electric treadmills will be considered in the article, since to enable mechanical options you only need to start walking. The use of sensors and instruments on mechanical tracks is similar to electric ones.
Well, if you don’t want to spend time reading the material at all and want to figure it out yourself, read only the minimum basic information:
- stand on the side runners and grab the handles,
- press Quick Start (usually a large color button),
- start to run
- adjust the speed to the desired level with the help of two large switches,
- Stop the movement with the Quick Start button or the big red button.
If you want to use the treadmill to a minimum, you don’t need to know anything else. Well, if you expect regular training, read on.
By the way, on many tracks you should use just double-clicking the Start button. After that, by default, after 2-3 seconds after pressing, movement starts at a minimum speed.
Caution! Never try to get up or jump onto a fast moving track. First, stand on the side runners, and stand on the track only after lowering the speed first.
For more advanced use, you will need to know how to make programs (or choose programs) before starting a workout, how to set the slope and use other functions.
Display and main buttons
Using the Russian-language track is much more convenient: it is often easy to understand how to use all the functions there simply thanks to the messages on the screen and the signed buttons.
Tracks in English make it a little difficult to use for people who do not know much English. Therefore, we will proceed further from this “uncomfortable” premise.
The names of the Start and Stop buttons are probably clear to everyone. We list other buttons on the console you need to know:
- Workout Profiles, Mode, Program - or buttons with a similar name include the selection and adjustment of training programs,
- Speed - speed: next to two buttons with up / down arrows,
- Incline - web tilt: next to it are two buttons with up / down arrows, measured in degrees,
- Select - often a program selection button,
- +/- - switches on the display, program selection, settings and the like,
- Enter - confirmation of the selected program or selected option,
- Pause - puts the selected program on pause, while Stop completely resets the program
Tracks are indicated on the display following data:
- current speed - may be indicated Speed,
- distance traveled - in kilometers and decimals, may be indicated Dist,
- calories burned - sometimes indicated CAL,
- current goals - distance, calories and the like, sometimes indicated TARGET TOTAL or simply target,
- current heart rate - often indicated by heart icon, measured by touching special sensors on the handles, or with a clip for the earlobe,
- minutes and seconds from the start of the workout - general fixation of time,
- program – PROG, type or number of the current program,
- current stage of the program - It is often displayed in the form of consecutive columns of different heights, where the height indicates the degree of inclination at this stage.
In addition, in the process of choosing an individual program, need to enter personal data:
- Sex - your gender, M (male), F (female),
- Age - Your age,
- Weight - Your weight,
- Jog speed or Jog interval - the required running speed in the phase of dynamic rest, if you are creating an interval training program,
- Sprint Intervals or Speed interval - the required running speed in the sprint phase, if you are creating an interval training program.
Perhaps this basic data is enough to more or less navigate the interface.
How to configure the simulator for yourself?
The first thing you need to learn is to turn on / off and switch the speed and tilt controls. This will require one lesson.
In the next lesson, you will need to learn to use the functions and create your own programs.
Note! Many treadmills have brief, clear instructions for use, located right on the panel.
The instructions must necessarily be written about the need and rules for servicing the simulator.
Key features and elements
On some treadmill panels there are buttons for quick access to the desired incline and speed. Since the maximum speed and tilt reach a maximum of 14-20 on different models, it is not difficult to place so many buttons on the panel.
Thanks to this, you can immediately select the speed and incline you need. However, you should not change these parameters in increments of more than four; it is better to increase and decrease the speed / incline gradually.
Often, the basic programs are indicated by separate buttons, and a description of the program is offered on the buttons or above the diagram.
Note! Some tracks are equipped with program adjustment functions based on your settings. To do this, there is a separate option where you enter your own data and get the optimal training program.
Functions and elements will vary depending on the type of treadmill.
Overview of 11 main programs and modes
Now consider what programs you can use and create yourself. Find out if your track has a program save function. Sometimes such functions are connected via usb-connectors and can be recorded on media. One way or another, the save function allows you to immediately configure the training programs you need and not install these programs again.
Remember! Once you learn how to create your own training program, you will save a lot of time in the future and get more pleasure from training.
We list the main programs:
- Running in the hills. One of the basic programs in the diagram is a mountain with a vertex in the center. In fact, it represents a gradual increase in the load and incline towards the middle of the workout and decrease to the minimum values at the end of the workout, simulating the ascent and descent from the mountain.
- Heart rate zone or target hrt. For this program, you determine your own maximum heart rate, from which you calculate the percentage. For example, occupation at 60-70% of the maximum heart rate gives the most effective fat burning. In this program, you set the heart rate range (for example, 117-145) and when you leave this range, the simulator adjusts the load. Such a program is useful for different purposes: both for endurance and for burning fat. In each target zone of the pulse, different results are achieved.
- The development of endurance. The program gradually increases speed, and about a quarter of the time you are working at maximum. Suitable only for trained.
- Interval Program. It has varieties, but the essence lies in alternating intervals, of which there are only two - calm and intense. At intensive, high speed and incline are given (or only speed and only incline), while calm, the load decreases. A great option for weight loss, burning fat and developing stamina. The diagram looks like alternating high and low bars.
- Fitness test. Many treadmills have a program that is a measure of your current condition. You will need to run a distance with a heart rate sensor. As a result, the track will calculate the results based on the algorithms proposed by modern scientists and draw up a conclusion about your current form.
- Fat Burning Mode or Fat Burn. Often it is working at maximum load for a long time and is designed to lose weight. However, in reality, the mode of burning fat is not as effective as it seems. Indeed, at a high pulse rate, the body begins to burn fats less actively and can even go into a mode of saving from exhaustion. It can be useful for trained athletes. For the rest, it is better to use a load in a certain zone of the pulse or an interval program as a training regimen for losing weight.
- For children and the elderly. On the diagram, such programs are often indicated in the form of a flat strip with small periodic elevations. The loads here are minimal, we are talking about measured walking or running with a periodic minimum increase in load.
- Cardio. It is indicated by such an inscription or inscription cardio in the program selection menu. This training will strengthen the cardiovascular system and endurance, but it is more consistent with the initial level of training and is suitable for beginners. By the way, if you want to start training with something, then this option is one of the most optimal.
- Glute The program is used to train the buttocks.
- Cool down. A hitch program, useful after intense training.
- Target training. Often indicated by the target button, where you simply set the target (for example, distance or number of minutes).
Now you need to understand how to set the training program yourself. This process varies depending on the model, but in general it looks like this:
- the treadmill stops completely, not paused
- press the Mode or Program button twice or thrice to go to the program creation menu (as a rule, after that a message will appear on the screen),
- set or change the duration of the program,
- adjust the slope and speed on each part of the program, moving the arrows on the chart or changing the interval settings on the screen,
- save the program with the enter button and start the program with the start button (most often recently saved programs remain in a tab called custom track programs).
Important! When you use any of these programs or follow your own program, monitor your health. Fatigue is a normal sign, but some significant pain or excessive lethargy are negative signs that indicate excessive stress.
A guideline when choosing or creating a program can serve An overview of all types of cardio workouts on a treadmill.
Programs can be created depending on what goals you want to achieve through classes:
If for some reason you are forbidden to run on the track, then you can use intensive walking.
Some useful tips
In conclusion, we offer you some general tipsto help make classes more productive:
- security key - attached to your clothes and to the treadmill: if you suddenly fall, the key will turn off the track, in addition, this tool is just convenient to stop movement at your discretion, without touching the panel, it is not recommended to run without a key,
- lace up shoes - running sneakers need to be laced tightly and firmly, so that the shoes fit snugly and the laces do not untie during the training period,
- water - an excellent treadmill option is a cup holder, where you can put a bottle of water, you don’t need to drink a lot, but a couple of sips during the training period will benefit you,
- do not interrupt or interrupt classes - try to train so that there is no need to interrupt the run, and at the end always do a hitch,
- use the built-in fan, which is designed to avoid overheating - you can turn it on using the FAN button,
- individual programs - Preset programs are certainly interesting, but you do not need to use only these algorithms - create your own programs, make training more diverse and different, then your performance will increase.
For greater clarity, watch the video on the topic.
We hope that these tips can benefit you, and now you can not only understand any treadmill, but also train for the benefit of your own beauty, body and health.
Treadmill - how to use?
The effectiveness of any activity for a trader depends entirely on which program to use. Depending on the manufacturer, the functions of the track itself will differ. The training program, design, method of inclusion, etc. will also vary. Although in general - the approach to their work will be standard.
All actions, programs and functions have their display on the simulator screen. The screen on its panel shows everything about the lesson, the state of the body, and also serves as a screen for multimedia.
Depending on the model, as well as on the type of simulator, a set of programs and functions will vary. If talking about advanced models, then they will provide for the main training programs with various subspecies.
- individual training. This option allows the user to customize the work on the track, taking into account age, height, weight and disease,
- target programs. They include a program for losing weight, increasing stamina and more,
- the ability to independently create your own programs.
In addition to the installed programs, there are a number of functions that facilitate and facilitate activities:
- gradually reduce the load
- quick start classes
- allowing you to simulate running on a country road,
- security key. With its help, you can turn off the simulator when falling, for example,
- overload sensor, etc.
Change track speed and incline
The concept of working with all models, independence from their high cost - is standard. Slopes and speed are regulated by the application of a particular mode.
When working with the simulator, you need to carefully approach the interaction with him. When running, you can not change the slope, speed, etc., only after a complete stop.
Some devices provide the input of numbers for the task parameters, others simply indicate +/- to change the parameters. In any case, everything is introduced gradually.
Training on a simulator requires a balanced approach, because depending on the goal - the development of strength and endurance, burning fat, preparing for competitions, etc., the choice of program depends.
However, the standard is for everyone - depending on the level, the choice of mode varies.
First of all, those who first get on the canvas, you need to know that the duration of the run should not exceed 20 minutes. Time increases to an hour gradually.
Among the levels of preparedness, there are several: Beginner, beginner and advanced.
- Beginner level. Classes at this stage are possible for 1 minute at a speed of 75% of maximum. Speed drops sharply before walking for 4 minutes. Repeat 5 times. All training should be busy no more than 25 minutes.
- The initial level. For this level, it is important to stay on the run for 2 minutes 75% of the maximum speed I run. Walking lasts 4 minutes. Repeat 5 times. As a result, it takes 10 minutes to run, 20 minutes to walk.
- Advanced level. This level involves running for 2 minutes at a speed of 75% of maximum, then 2 minutes of walking. Repeat 5 times.
The effectiveness of the training depends on two factors - nutrition and the right program.
There are a large number of different programs:
- The program "climb uphill." Designed for intense workout that simulates a mountain climb / jog. The slope for such a training is at least 10%. However, it requires good preparation, since it involves almost all the muscles.
- Intensive Running Program. Intended for cardio strength training. Its beginning is similar to a run, which should be replaced by speed, moving on to intense running.
- Classic firmware.
- Fast start.
- Interval training, which makes it possible to alternate intensity.
- Program for active fat burning.
- The program for the study of the gluteal muscles.
- Calorie Burning Program.
- Program like Track or track.
How to exercise on a treadmill - general tips
Running is beautiful in all its manifestations. This is a great opportunity to maintain your body in excellent physical shape, muscle mass - in good shape, torso - strong, without a hint of excess body fat.
In addition, running is useful for those who seek to strengthen the walls of blood vessels of the cardiovascular system, remove extra pounds, and also restore the musculoskeletal system after injuries and operations.
However, the benefit is that which does not harm. Like any other workout, it is important to run correctly, following the recommendations:
- Do not run on a full stomach.This is important, since during training all muscles are involved, endurance develops.
- It is important to warm up, which helps prepare the muscles and organs for the upcoming load. It consists of simple exercises, its duration is from 10 to 20 minutes.
- When running, you can not rely on the side handrails. Otherwise, the back is in the wrong position, and this leads to its curvature. It is necessary to keep the body straight, the body should be in a relaxed state.
- The increase in load should increase gradually. All workouts at the beginning should be unhurried, gradually the speed should increase. It is important to know that an increase in speed can take place when the body is already used to the load. Sweating does not occur, there is no feeling of fatigue.
- The end of the workout should be smooth. The speed decreases gradually over 10 minutes.
- During training, long and short steps are not allowed during training.
In any form, sport makes it possible to maintain health and fitness. The modern rhythm of life does not allow a person to pay due time to his health in full and in full.
A treadmill, for busy people, is a way out of the impasse, since with a small amount of time you can adjust maximum efforts to build your health.
A treadmill is a great opportunity to keep your body toned at home. However, subject to three rules:
- Before training, get competent specialist advice.
- Choose the right simulator.
- Make a training plan, taking into account the characteristics of the body.