The season of trout walking depends on the time of spawning of the fish. In the 3rd year of life, trout is ready to spawn. This period begins in early autumn. Spawning usually lasts no longer than a month. As usual, a week after spawning, the intensity of the bite increases. In winter, the fish is in a semi-passive state: it rarely eats, is inactive. With each new trip for trout, you should drill new holes, because the old trout has already been noticed. In winter, fish are well caught on bloodworms, maggots and bait fish.
Trout fishing in winter is becoming more and more popular every year.
With the onset of spring the predator rarely leaves wintering potholes. It occurs at rifts. In places of moderate flow, trout hunts lively. The food is young fish, frogs, caddis flies. In summer, trout rarely appears near the coast in the daytime, because it keeps in places colder. Goes hunting at night - the peak of fish activity. To fish trout in the summer, use plug rods. Cast over long distances.
Where does trout live?
Brook trout is found both in the sea and in fresh water. This species of fish rarely migrates over long distances. Brook trout winters in spring sources. Leaves wintering places during floods, in summer lives near waterfalls. Brook trout swims in flocks, they keep close to the boulders, hiding from sunlight.
In our country, this species is bred on private fish farms. This species prefers fresh waters, the temperature of which does not exceed 15 ºС. The fish is passive in the daytime, during the day it hides in snags and the shade of pitfalls.
Trout fishing in toll ponds
Not everyone will have time for a long trip to a fishing place. Nowadays, there are many paid reservoirs where you can spend time with pleasure. Spinning is an entertaining activity that brings joy to everyone. Feeling active resistance from brisk trout, while showing all your skill and dexterity, is a great pleasure. However, the minus of this catch is that you will have to pay for fishing pleasure.
The plus is guaranteed catch and uselessness to travel for many miles. Recently, saunas have been built on “payers”, which are usually located along the coast. In general, the coasts are equipped in the best way: at the place of fishing, a low bridge was placed on which you can sit. Due to the fact that paid places are visited by a large flow of people, the fish does not change their position, the trout skillfully leaves the hook. Therefore, finding the right approach, every fisherman can be proud of himself.
On the "payers" it is best to come in autumn and winter. At this time, trout is most active and walks throughout the pond, and does not lie down in depth. Often trout lurks in underwater pits, if you select the right place next to such a double catch is provided.
Trout Fishing Tackle
Since trout can be found in lakes and rivers, it is possible to use any gear, depending on the place of fishing. The main gears are:
- ordinary fishing rod (float)
- fly fishing
All three types of gear can do their job perfectly. Each fisherman engaged in trout fishing has his own tackle, to which he is accustomed and with which he manages well. All three gears are good, but among them there is the simplest and most difficult. The simplest tackle is a fishing rod, and the hardest one is fly fishing, the use of which requires special skills. Well, spinning is something in between, although it requires certain skills, but spinning is much easier to master than fly fishing. Each tackle involves the use of a certain type of lure.
What is trout caught?
After choosing a particular tackle, you should choose the bait for trout. In spring and summer, trout is caught on various baits, such as a worm, insects, corn, etc., but closer to autumn, the predator instinct wakes up, so during this period the use of spinning is more justified, since it is caught on most artificial baits .
If trout is caught on a fishing rod, then the following bait can be used:
- insect larvae, bloodworms or maggot,
- bait fish or a dead fish,
- Red caviar,
All of them proved to be excellent when fishing for trout on a regular fishing rod. Trout actively caught on red caviaralthough this is a very expensive bait and not everyone can afford such a luxury.
Trout also takes a good worm, but the dung worm, as it has a brighter reddish hue. To catch small specimens, you can do with a piece of the worm, but if large individuals bite, then you can not do with one worm. As a rule, in such cases, several worms in the form of a garland cling to the hook. The fact is that large trout is unlikely to bite on a piece of a worm.
Trout is a careful fish, so bait should be planted so that the hook does not peek out, otherwise you can not wait for the bite of the trout.
As for fish or bait fish, here the hook should not be hidden, since it will be difficult to hook the fish. The fish is hooked by the fin or lip. This option is also possible when one hook clings to the lip, and the second to the tail. Moreover, the hooks should be at different levels. When the hook peeks out of the fish’s body, the trout can confuse it with the sharp fin of the fish.
Live bait should be located in the water column or closer to the bottom. When fishing on the river, bait fish are allowed to flow towards the whirlpool, where trout likes to be. To provoke a bite, you can play along with the tip of the rod.
When fishing on a lake, where there is no current, the movement of the fish is controlled by winding the fishing line, as well as using pull-ups with a fishing rod.
Dead fish or bait fish are used to catch large individuals, as the "trifle" does not bite the fish. The use of live bait is justified in the autumn, when the instinct of a predator aggravates with trout.
Different flies used in the spring when fishing from the surface. This is precisely the period when nature begins to come to life and many insect larvae and insects themselves appear on the surface of the water. Flies cling to thin hooks so that the fish do not become cautious once again, and the bait has a natural game. During this period, the use of fly fishing is justified.
There are other bait, but it makes no sense to dwell on them, since they are not very popular among anglers. They are able to attract trout or not, depending on which pond the trout lives in. For a “successful hunt” for trout, the list described in the article is sufficient.
Spinning fishing trout are also unpredictable and a number of experimental casts with different types of baits are required. As practice suggests, good results when fishing for trout are shown by such a bait as a “mastermaster”. When fishing for trout, this may turn out to be the most catchy spinner, although it can be successfully caught on “spouts” and spinning spinners. In this case, it is very important to choose the right spinner both in size and in color.
Trout can attack a potential prey on the surface of the water, while it rises from a depth of 10m. In such conditions, the popper will work perfectly. For fishing in the water column, a “wobbler” is suitable, and you need to have several lures with different depths of immersion. Well and, of course, one should not forget about such a bait as a “mastermaster”, the advantage of this lure is that it has excellent flight characteristics, which allows you to throw it a considerable distance.
The size of the bait is selected depending on the size of the fish, which is found in this reservoir. If the reservoir is paid, then trout can reach a weight of 3 kg and above. The same applies to large natural reservoirs, where trout can have a weight of 10 kg or more. As for small or mountain rivers, these can be specimens no more than 1 kg. Therefore, under such conditions, smaller baits are used.
Very effective trout fishing with fly fishing, which involves the use of artificial flies. They do not fly off the hook, but very plausibly imitate natural insects. Moreover, you need to monitor which flies should be used. If this is a fly of a larva that has not yet departed or has already departed, although not so long ago, then this fact may alert the fish. She, without any fear, grabs those flies that mimic insects and larvae that are part of the trout diet at the moment. But here there is a huge field for the flight of fantasy, since trout can peck at flies that have a unique appearance or at flies that were previously ignored by it.
Where and how to catch trout
Since trout loves clean and cool water, its main habitats are mountain rivers, mountain lakes, where only trout and possibly grayling are found, as well as in large lakes, where other fish species are found along with this fish. This is a very careful and shy fish, so it is advisable to catch it in complete silence. She can be frightened off by an outside loud voice or a silhouette of a person. In this case, she will try to go to quieter places where such noises are absent.
Going fishing, you should stock up on camouflage clothing so as not to stand out from nature. Trout stands with its head against the tide in places where the tide is the fastest and the water is the coolest. Therefore, having determined the location of the trout, they approach it very carefully, and also, against the tide, so that it cannot see the movement on the shore. In such places, as a rule, water is saturated with oxygen more than in places where the flow is not so fast. In addition, in areas of slow flow, the water warms up faster, so the trout will always leave such places if the water temperature is above + 20 ° C.
Small flocks of small trout accumulate in areas of fast flow or at the borders of fast and slow flow. If there are large boulders in these places, then it can certainly be behind them, gaining strength after a long struggle with the current. Larger individuals prefer deeper places where there are natural shelters, in the form of snags or fallen trees. It can be seen near steep banks and in places where there are differences in depths.
Trout can be found both in the water column and closer to the surface, where it collects various insects that have fallen into the water. Depending on weather conditions, it can be found almost at the very bottom.
In other words, her favorite places are where the changes in the speed of the mountain river visually occur. Behind boulders in the area of bridges and various rapids, near waterfalls where oxygen is saturated with water, in estuaries, whirlpools, pits, and also at great depths, where the water is always cool, in the area of various natural or artificial shelters, where it can hide at any moment, sensing danger.
Since trout is more a predatory fish, bait should include ingredients that have a natural fish smell. It can be fishmeal, shrimp (smell) or squid smell. As with any other fish, bait should be properly prepared so that it creates a feed cloud in the water, actively attracting fish. To do this, you can use special purchased components (geysers) or add floating components to the bait. You can use pellets for trout. They can not only feed fish, but also apply as bait. The activity of biting trout is strongly influenced by the color of bait or bait. She prefers bright colors. For a more attractive effect, bright dyes should be added to the bait.
Most anglers do not even realize that trout can be fed so that fishing is always effective. If you can fish in one pond, then you can use the following recommendations: first, trout is fed every hour, and then the feeding process is brought up to once a day, and then to once a week. Thus, the fish will constantly visit the place of interest to her. In this case, you can always be with a catch. But this option does not fit a body of water that is at a considerable distance.
Video “Fishing for trout for spinning”
Many spinningists are fond of trout fishing, if it is found in nearby ponds. Such fishers can very easily go from catching one species of predator to another. Spinning can be considered a universal gear that can catch any, even peaceful fish. It all depends on the level of imagination of the fisherman and the ability to handle a spinning rod. Many spinningists use spinning for bottom fishing, just change the configuration of the equipment.
What to catch trout
The best natural lures are: maggot, caddis larva, firefly, midge, live bait.
Bait fish may be a small fish with an elongated body. Commonly used fish species: minnow, calf, gudgeon.
The most effective vegetable lures: barley, bread, corn.
Artificial bait. As bait used:
- Spinners. Use spinners at number three with a quick needle. In priority spinners with a golden hue. This bait has the following advantages: applicable at great depths, are reusable, are used in different fishing conditions.
- Wobblers. Get oscillating wobblers from four to ten centimeters long. Advantages: they imitate live fish, attracting the attention of a predator, are used at different depths, have a game that copies the movements of live fish.
- Twisters. Use the bait no longer than 5 cm long. It will be better when the “rubber” is “edible”, because the fish often bite the bait, so the “edibility” of the bait plays a big role.
- Artificial worms. It is this bait that is most often used by fishers on “payers”. Equip the worm with a jig head. Landing the bait does not play a special role. It is used as a classic, and "Veki" when the silicone bait is pierced exactly in the middle. "Veki" is used when fishing fish at shallow depths, use the classics at great depths.
- Crustaceans and nymphs. Since this bait is slowly sinking, it is used only in the upper layers of water. The wiring should be selected by testing, however, like the color of the bait. Use different weights of sinker heads. Mostly 0.8-0.10 g come when fishing in the middle layers of water.
- Balance. Using a balancer is a sure way to increase the frequency of biting. Great for winter fishing for trout. The size of the bait is 5 cm. There is no universal color, so you have to experiment. Experienced anglers advise attaching a shiny bead to the balancer. So, the fish will be more willing to go to the bait. Using a balancer is not so easy, and the result of fishing will depend on your particular approach.
- PasteThey are boilies. These are spherical baits that attract fish with their smell. Boilies are dusty, which means that they are sprayed in the water, spreading taste through the pond. The fish reacts instantly.
In order for the “game” to take on a special shade, use a rod and a nod. A nod should be long but not hard. This is necessary so that the movements are not sharp. Throw the balancer 25-30 cm, then lower your hands in the starting position. At this time, the balancer reaches the bottom, rotating in the form of a figure eight. After the bait has returned to its original position, pause for a few seconds. The peculiarity of fishing in winter lies in the low dynamics of movements. Frequent movements may leave you without a catch.
How to increase fish catch?
For 7 years of active passion for fishing, I have found dozens of ways to improve biting. I will give the most effective:
- Nibble activator. This pheromone supplement lures fish the most in cold and warm water. Discussion of the activator of the bite "Fish MegaBomb".
- Increase sensitivity gear. Read the relevant manuals for your particular gear type.
- Based lures pheromones.
When fishing for trout, spinning is most often used. Spinning is not only interesting, but also very effective.
- Spinning. When choosing a fishing rod, fishing conditions should be considered. A long rod will allow casting light baits for a long distance, short rods, in turn, will help to avoid uncomfortable casting from under a tree or shrubbery. If you still have not found your fishing spot, and do not know what to expect from the selected area — thickets or free space, then the best option is a spinning rod that does not exceed 2.5 meters in length.
- Fishing line. The choice of fishing line directly affects the sensitivity of the entire gear. The smallest stretch of fishing line allows you to more clearly feel the vibration frequency of the bait. With a well-chosen fishing line, you can even feel the movements of the petal of the spinner. The diameter of the fishing line should be selected in the range 0.16-0.18 mm. При использовании плетенной лески диаметр можно выбрать и меньше, потому как плетенка обладает большой прочностью.
- Coil. От катушки требуется лишь одно: она должна отработать движения рыбы вместо удилища. Катушка должна быть оснащена надежным фрикционом.Before you start fishing, adjust the clutch so that when you snatch the fish, the fishing line loosens off the reel, while making it easier to feed the trout closer. Optionally choose a coil with a gear ratio of approximately 5: 1
- Bombard. If it is not possible to cast a long distance with a spinning rod, then trout fishing is carried out on a bombard. This tackle is distinguished by the presence of a special float. The task of the float is to make the equipment heavy. This allows you to cast even the lightest lures over long distances. For clear water, plastic models are used. In addition to artificial baits, you can also fish on a bombard with natural bait.
- Donka. If for some reason you are not using spinning, donka is a decent gear. A traditional fishing rod allows long-distance casting of edible lures. In order not to endure the rigging, equip the fishing rod with a heavy sinker.
- Fishing. The fish responds with lightning speed to the food passing by. This feature is used by lovers of float fishing in the wiring. The most suitable places for this type of fishing are all kinds of whirlpools and rapids. The main bait for such fishing is a worm.
Many anglers are engaged in self-cooking baits due to distrust of the composition of the "store". In the past, avid fishermen fell in love with salmon caviar as a bait for trout, but since this product is hard to afford, protein-rich chicken eggs were replaced.
Preparing pellets is not difficult. This complementary foods may be more expensive than purchased, but the sense in it is often much greater. The composition of bait for trout includes the following components:
- Compound feed
- Salted herring
- canned corn.
Cooking method: First, make an egg omelet, then feed for trout should be mixed with an omelet. Peeled seafood is crushed and added to the mixture with omelette, pass the corn through a meat grinder, juice from the can is poured into the future bait. Stir everything thoroughly and refrigerate.
This mixture is stored one night, after which it is used.
Tips and Tricks
A large number of anglers with a lot of experience and secrets in fishing are switching from traditional fish to fish more resourceful. Therefore, trout is the object of greatest attention among professionals. Trout fishing is caused by a laborious process, which is accompanied by high mobility of the fisherman. This is because trout is a very active fish throughout the year. Trout fish is tender and demanding. Does not live in waters exceeding 20 degrees.
Fish is concentrated in springs and lakes, where the water is crystal clear. As mentioned earlier, trout fishing occurs in early spring, immediately after the ice has melted. You can fish with a classic float rod, fly fishing and spinning.
If fishing is carried out using a fishing rod, the use of a powerful fishing rod of the greatest possible length is necessary. With such a rod, it is possible to cast long range and get to the "point" where trout likes to be.
Besides the fact that the rod should be strong and long, it should have a light weight with a fairly rigid top. In this case, it will be possible to throw the bait at a sufficient distance. Of the abundance of species of trout, in our country the most common trout is river. Of the nozzles for her, the most effective is the red dung worm, or the caddis mask.
To put the worm on the hook should be half, as a small trout will not be overpowered for too large bait. Trout fishing is requested from the fisherman with due patience and extreme accuracy: you need to approach the place of bait fish without too much noise so as not to frighten off the cautious fish. Frequent casting is strongly discouraged, because the trout can simply get scared and move to another place.
Trout fishing in spring on a lead with rubber:
What to focus on
Hooking. No need to hook fish with too much force. The strength and sharpness of the cut will not give you any advantages. Trout hits hard on the bait, so sharp cutting is simply not required. It is used only if you need to pull the fishing line before fighting. Instead of providing strong tension, hooking will only give slack.
Equipment. The equipment of a fisherman who wants to try his luck in fishing for trout should include:
Sunglasses. They not only weaken the effect of sunlight on the eyes, but also eliminate glare. This will help to see trout at shallow depths. Such glasses will help the fisherman on summer and spring fishing.
Landing net. Without it, it’s difficult to get even a small trout. A short paddle-racket is very inconvenient when fishing on the river, because it is quite difficult to get caught fish into it. If fishing takes place on "payers", then he will cope with his task perfectly. For fishing in natural waters, use a net with a retractable handle, the diameter of the hoop should be at least 50 cm. Using this net, it is easy to take medium-sized trout. No tail, no scales!
Essential equipment for trout fishing
Tackle for trout fishing is selected depending on the chosen fishing method, namely: the use of a spinning or fly fishing method, docks or float fishing rods.
Spinning is considered the most popular and effective way of fishing, moreover, it refers to intense, because it requires constant movement and activity.
Depending on the chosen fishing method, gear for trout fishing is selected
The success of fishing depends on the right equipment, which must be constructed from the following elements:
- fishing rod - this element should be selected based on the fishing conditions. It is necessary to focus on the state of the reservoir, the amount of vegetation and the method of fishing. For example, fishing in a boat involves the use of a short rod, from a clean coast - about three meters, etc.
- spinning test - trout has a unique mouth structure, which does not allow the use of large baits. The maximum weight of the bait should be 7 g. Based on this, the spinning test can be in the range from 0 to 7 g. Test rods are ultralight. Rigid structures are recommended, they will allow you to control wiring. The success of fishing depends on the sensitivity and quality of this element.
- fishing line - it is recommended to use monophilic material, the diameter of which will not exceed 0.18 mm. The fishing line should easily pass the bite, and also have reliability, durability and have an inconspicuous color,
- reel - this element is selected based on the structure of the rod. In any case, the coil must be rigid, reliable and have high-quality friction. You can speed up the fishing process using a design that has a large gear ratio.
The use of the “fly fishing” method implies the presence of a fishing rod of 1.7-3 m, fly fishing gear of class 3-7 and a special fly fishing cord. The latter is matched to the class of the main element. If the choice is difficult, the store consultant will help determine the necessary products. An important structural element is the leash. The length of the element must be correctly selected depending on the length of the rod.
It is impossible to unequivocally answer what is better to catch trout? This is a controversial issue and the choice depends on the preferences of the fisherman. Some exclude fishing options other than the spinning method. Others, on the contrary, got used to the option of using fly fishing. In any case, it is recommended to try two methods and choose your own. After that, the fisherman will immediately understand which fishing rod to fish for trout.
What is better to catch trout can not be answered unambiguously
A selection of lures and baits for trout fishing
Trout is one of the most attractive and delicious types of fish. To catch the beauty, fishermen invent a variety of methods and apply many techniques. Let's see what kind of bait to catch trout?
Among the predator fishing options, the following stand out:
- spinners on trout - the products with the third number are considered the most effective, having a quick game and a golden, silver color. Lures can be used in different reservoirs with different depths, they are suitable for reusable use and are considered the most productive,
- wobblers for trout - the best option would be a bait with a length of 4-10 cm and belonging to the oscillating type. Floating wobblers are able to simulate real bait, which attracts trout, and are suitable for fishing at different depths. They can be used for different types of fishing and have a unique game,
- silicone bait for trout - this type of product is used with small items. They are convenient to operate, but are not used in all areas, subject to certain conditions,
- trout fishing for pasta - refers to affordable and cheaper gear. It can be used on fishing rods, bottom structures. Effective bait will be in the right time of year.
Not everyone knows what to catch river trout on. In addition to high-class artificial baits, the fisherman can take advantage of bait of animal origin. They also work under certain conditions. Knowing the prey habitat and other features, fishing will certainly give its results.
It is considered productive to catch trout on shrimp. The little bastard has an amazing aroma and a favorable color. The fish is in love with crustaceans and will certainly appreciate the efforts of the fisherman. In addition, you can catch trout on bloodworms, maggots, bees, caterpillars, crab meat, squid, worms and pieces of fresh fish.
Of all the above methods, it is considered the most universal and effective to catch trout on spinners. With basic skills, a fisherman will definitely catch a large number of fish.