Before starting treatment, you must consult a doctor and identify the causes of constipation. And there can be a lot of them. For example, malnutrition, a sedentary lifestyle and inadequate physical activity, stress and nervous disorders, diseases of the intestines, liver, gall bladder, thyroid gland and much more. In addition, constipation can occur with prolonged use of certain medications.
Constipation resulting from vascular, hormonal, inflammatory, and oncological diseases is treated exclusively under the supervision of a doctor. If the disease is caused by constant stress or an incorrect lifestyle, you can get rid of it with the help of folk remedies.
Alternative medicine knows many ways to deal with chronic constipation. Dandelion infusion copes with this unpleasant ailment perfectly. Take 2 tbsp. l chopped leaves and roots of the plant, pour 2 cups of boiling water and let it brew in a dark place for 8-10 hours. Take 1/3 cup in the morning half an hour before meals.
It treats chronic constipation and aloe juice. To prepare the product, cut off several leaves of the plant (the age of the aloe must be at least 3 years old) and leave in the refrigerator for a week. Then squeeze the juice out of them and mix with honey (30 g of honey is needed per 150 ml of juice). Take a tablespoon 2 times a day.
Laxatives recommend changing from time to time, as the body gets used to the same medicine, and its effect becomes less effective.
Castor oil gives a quick laxative effect. Mix 1 tbsp. l oils with the same amount of honey, warm boiled water and 1 raw egg yolk. Take the mixture every 2-3 hours.
To cope with constipation in young children, ordinary vegetable oil will help. In the morning before feeding, give the baby a little oil - start with one drop and gradually increase the dose by half a teaspoon. It will lubricate the intestines and facilitate the movement of food through it.
You can improve bowel function with acupressure. It is best done in the morning, immediately after waking up. Without getting out of bed, take a few deep breaths, then feel for the point located 2 cm below the navel and press on it with the pads of your thumbs. There should be a feeling of slight discomfort, but not pain. Lie down for 1-2 minutes, and then do the same with another point - in the right hypochondrium, located 5-7 cm from the midline of the abdomen.
You can get rid of chronic constipation faster if you combine folk remedies with a diet and a special massage of the abdomen.
To prevent problems with bowel movements, it is worthwhile to prevent constipation. Make it a rule to drink a glass of water every morning on an empty stomach or eat 1-2 apples. Drink at least 1.5-2 liters of fluid per day. Include in your diet foods with a mild laxative effect, such as brown bread, bran, sour milk, fruits and vegetables, cereals, unrefined vegetable oil. Lead an active lifestyle, exercise, and then no constipation will not be scary.
Fast treatment of constipation at home, drugs
heaviness and abdominal pain with constipation
To solve such a delicate problem, there are many ways - from medications, special exercises and massage, to folk remedies, time-tested. In any case, you should not endure such a state, but develop for yourself a certain tactic for its elimination. It would be nice, of course, before you start using it, you probably know the reason for the violation of the bowel movement.
At home, the easiest way to quickly treat constipation is a laxative. Today, there is a wide variety of laxative medications. They act differently on the intestines, but perform their main function - facilitate bowel movements. Of the many drugs, you can certainly choose the one that will be effective in this case.
- The most popular drugs that enhance intestinal emptying based on lactose are Lactulose and Dufalac.
- To stimulate intestinal peristalsis, you can take a pill “Forlaks” (“Macrogol”), relax, sit a little “in thought” and the problem will be resolved within a quarter of an hour.
- Various laxatives of the contact group, which have a stimulating effect on the intestinal mucosa, contribute to the accelerated promotion of feces - funds based on senna: "Herbion", "Regulax", "Laksana", "Antrasennin", "Senada", "Glaxenna".
- For softening feces - "Norgalax".
- Well-stimulated digestive function and intestinal motility drug of herbal origin "Cascara"
- Intestinal motility is enhanced: Itoprid and Neostigmine.
In fact, laxatives for constipation in adults and children are huge. Their proper selection, in each case, can only be done by a doctor. Each of the medications has its own characteristics and a certain time period of action. Drug treatment is well suited for the manifestation of chronic "discomfort."
And what can help with constipation that occurs periodically, and what can be done at home? The first thing to do is to help the body restore the right reflexes to emptying.
This is facilitated, first of all, by the correct posture during bowel movements. The best option is to squat in an eagle pose. There is nothing wrong with that. This posture contributes to additional pressure on the abdomen with hips and legs and the correct location of the large intestine, which improves its emptying.
Folk remedies for constipation for the home - honey, oil, etc.
If difficulties in bowel movements are of a one-time nature, fasting water with honey (per glass of cool water 40 grams of honey) and breathing exercises will quickly get rid of constipation at home. After drinking the solution, you should bend down slightly and put your hands on your hips, breathing deeply not with your diaphragm, but with your stomach. After several breaths, do the same, leaning lower and wrap your arms around your lower legs, and then your feet.
If such crouching is difficult, you can squat down. In this case, you should make sure that there is no discomfort in the form of muscle pain, signs of vertigo, etc. Soon, the urge to defecate will appear.
Their appearance should not be adjusted, one should not push, the body can cope independently with its functions.
With difficulty emptying, drinking plenty of water can help the intestines. It can be various fermented milk products, a cup of not strong broth carrot juice or compote (from dried fruits or fresh fruits). Everyone should know what to do at home to urgently eliminate constipation - first, this does not give in to panic, but drink 30-50 g. any oil - vegetable, olive, or castor.
In case of periodic constipation in adults, it is useful to take soft laxatives at bedtime, in the form of herbal remedies, with a tablet with two glasses of liquid. This is also facilitated by a solution of magnesia (50 ml. Water + 30 g. Liquid funds). For normal functioning, the body needs a regimen.
- You should establish for yourself a certain mode of bowel movement.
The best time for this process is morning. Try to accustom yourself to do this together with "small need", without forcing the intestines with violent attempts. If this does not happen the first time, do not despair. The time will come and the body must cope with the problem itself. Only he needs help.
Try replacing the evening TV programs with evening walks, at least for half an hour. Remember school exercises and do them in the morning. And soon, the state of health will noticeably improve and the problem of constipation will resolve itself.
How to deal with chronic constipation?
The problem of chronic constipation is solved comprehensively - at home it is, first of all, a diet correction. The diet should be adjusted and divided into 4-5 receptions in small portions. Up to 3 times a day, liquid dishes should be present on the menu, they should be served in a heated form. Daily intake of liquid - up to 2 liters, in addition to liquid dishes.
What can be done at home, with severe constipation, is not a problem - this will help to solve the correct diet, which includes a diet useful for intestinal motility, consisting of:
- from juices - an excellent effect is given by daily consumption of carrot juice,
- fruit, herbal and berry drinks, herbal teas, (
- fermented milk drinks,
- from greens and vegetables, fresh and boiled,
- fresh and boiled vegetable and fruit salads,
- dishes of oat and buckwheat,
- the use of vegetable oils,
- liquid first courses - preferably borsch or pickle,
- biscuits, and dried bread from wholemeal flour.
Another contributing factor is the stimulation of intestinal activity. For this purpose, walking and cycling, morning gymnastic exercises are good.
The “golden shield” of the body is a press that supports and provides the internal organs with an anatomical position and normal functioning.
It is not necessary to go to extremes to maintain muscle tone - you just need to train yourself to pump the press for 3-5 minutes every day or perform gymnastic exercises with a heavy hoop. Very soon there is a noticeable improvement in the functioning of the intestines and other organs.
Constipation - what can not be done?
In the absence of serious diseases, problems of constipation can be dealt with by simple methods that can normalize intestinal functions and contribute to the healing of the body. But sometimes patients themselves provoke an aggravation of the problem. What is the reason for this?
- For example, with prolonged constipation with signs of dehydration, solid feces form in the intestines.
Supporting measures in this case are not very effective and a quick solution to the problem of constipation is carried out with the help of enemas. They can consist of the introduction of 300 ml of cool water, 100 ml. oil or cleaning solution. Such procedures quickly relieve constipation at home, but are only good as a one-time procedure, as an emergency measure.
What should not be done is to use them on an ongoing basis, which can lead to addiction and disruption of the intestines. It is worthwhile to warn patients against using warm solutions for enemas. Warm water can cause the opposite effect. May cause deterioration, as it is rapidly absorbed by the intestines and leads to cerebral edema.
A frivolous attitude to the problem of constipation is also capable of playing a cruel joke, turning periodic intestinal release disorders into a chronic form.
If the manifestation of the urge to defecate appears suddenly and not at the right moment, no matter how you want it, do not suppress them. You can always devote a couple of minutes to the departure of natural needs, postponing for a while all things. Otherwise, the body will develop a habit of holding feces, excessive absorption and intoxication of the body.
When should I seek help from a doctor?
Signs of impaired intestinal emptying (constipation) can be an independent pathology, but also portend more serious diseases: intestinal dyskinesia, the development of neoplasms in the colon and other organs. It is necessary to consult a doctor with an advanced stage of the disease, when the acute processes of a prolonged absence of emptying are accompanied by:
- Fever and intoxication symptoms in the form of nausea and weakness,
- Lack of appetite and weight loss,
- A change in the natural configuration, waste feces (in the form of balls, tubes, ribbons),
- Cramps and soreness in the abdomen,
- Discharge of mucous and liquid consistency, instead of feces,
- Rectal hemorrhages (bleeding).
And with signs of flatulence (bloating) and the absence of discharge, accumulated gases, accompanied by acute pain symptoms, urgent help should be urgently called.
The consequences of prolonged constipation and impaired bowel cleansing can be the saddest. Long-term chronic constipation contributes to the development of a secondary form of colitis, diseases of the liver, bile ducts, inflammatory reactions in the gastrointestinal mucosa, and oncological processes in the colon.
What factors trigger constipation?
Difficult emptying of the rectum most often bothers women, people in old age and children, accompanied by flatulence, bloating, discomfort and pain. In most cases, the root of the problem lies in the following reasons:
- Slagging of the body, deposition of stones, toxins, toxins in the intestine, organ motility dysfunction.
- Long-term use of antibiotics and certain drugs.
- Sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical exertion, stressful situations.
- Eating fast foods, pomegranate, hard cheese, a lot of coffee, muffin, sugar, alcohol.
- Inadequate water consumption per day, according to the standards of specialists.
- Some diseases, namely: intestinal torsion, bowel obstruction, neuralgia, parasites.
You need to reconsider your lifestyle in order to regain the possibility of a natural light emptying after you manage to eradicate constipation. This will help to avoid recurrence and defeat a delicate ailment.
Pharmacy medicines for the treatment of recurrent and chronic constipation
The following table shows the popular pharmaceuticals that act gently and safely, help relieve stool congestion and recover from constipation.
|No. p / p||The name of the drug||Release form||Composition||Operating principle||Admission Rules|
|lactulose, purified water||Stimulates peristalsis, changes the flora of the colon||For adults|
15-45 ml, for a child from 5 to 15 ml per day
|2.||Phytomucil||Powder||Psyllium seed husk, home plum fruit||Softens the texture of the stool, stimulates the production of bile, stimulates motility||1 sachet 3-4 times a day|
|3.||Guttalax||Drops, clear viscous solution in a bottle||Sodium picosulfate monohydrate, sodium benzoate, etc.||Stimulates evacuation processes, increases peristalsis, accumulates water in the intestine||Children from 4 to 10 years old, 5-10 drops per day. Over 10 years old, 10-20 drops per day.|
|4.||Mezim||Coated pink tablets||Pancreatin, lipase, trypsin, protease, etc.||Normalizes the digestive system||1-2 tablets 1-3 times a day|
|5.||Bisacodyl||Candles||Bisacodyl, glycerides||Irritation of nerve endings, increased peristalsis||Adults 1-2 rectal suppositories|
|6.||Magnesium sulfate||Powder||Magnesium Sulfuric Acid||Stool liquefaction and softening, peristalsis stimulation||Adults no more than 20 g per day|
|7.||Fish fat||Capsules||Omega-3, Vitamins A, D, Antioxidants||Liquefies, facilitates passage, reduces inflammatory processes||Children 1000 mg, adults 2000 mg|
|8.||Microlax||Microclyster||Sodium citrate, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, water, glycerin, sorbic acid||Eliminates constipation||Rectally|
Before using, do not forget to consult a doctor, as well as study in detail the instructions and possible side effects.
The use of laxatives to relieve constipation
If you have been tormented by regular problems with emptying, the following laxative oils will help to cope with them, which are not difficult to obtain in most pharmacies or stores:
- Unrefined sunflower will eliminate an unpleasant symptom. It does not act directly, but provokes a contraction of the muscles of the gallbladder, which in turn increases the amount of bile and causes a laxative effect. To achieve a result, you should drink 1 tbsp. a spoonful of sunflower oil on an empty stomach in the morning, an hour before breakfast. An ambulance will occur within 1-1.5 hours.
- Flaxseed will relieve pain during going to the toilet, have a good effect on digestive processes, strengthen the intestinal walls due to its content of vitamins, choline, minerals and fatty acids. Flaxseed oil can be added to salads and cooked foods. In case of emergency, it is drunk on an empty stomach, 1 teaspoon in the morning and evening, after dinner. The course must be continued for eight days.
- Castor will effectively deal with stool retention. Castor, getting into the small intestine, forms ricinoleic acid, which irritates the receptors, when cleaved. Reflex emptying occurs after 5-6 hours after ingestion. The dosage will be 30 grams, which must be taken within 30 minutes.
- Pure olive oil is suitable as a laxative. Helps to moisturize feces, so when they exit, there will be no injuries and pain. Olive oil also provokes an increase in bile. You need to drink one or two teaspoons in the morning on an empty stomach, until the problem disappears. After taking it, it is not recommended to drink water for a while.
- Vaseline is perfect as an enema oil if constipation is severely tormented. Оно сберегает микрофлору, мягко чистит кишку, обладает антибактериальными свойствами. Для процедуры в грушу набирают достаточное количество вазелинового масла комфортной температуры и вводят наконечник в задний проход.After the oil gets to the right place, it is recommended to lie down for half an hour on a flat surface.
- Sea buckthorn actively softens, relieves irritation, heals wounds on the mucous membrane. Sea buckthorn can be drunk for 1 tsp. half an hour before breakfast as a laxative. There are also sea buckthorn enemas that need to be administered twice daily after cleansing with an enema.
Folk remedies for constipation: plants and herbal preparations
Consider what natural remedies are used to treat constipation:
- Senna grass is taken in the form of infusion or tea. Its chemical composition is rich in anthraglycosides, which affect intestinal motility. To prepare the solution, take a teaspoon of senna and pour a glass of boiling water. The grass is infused for a day, you need to drink it before bedtime. The effect will occur in 5-6 hours.
- Aloe is an excellent herbal laxative for adults. The plant contains chloride, which softens the stool, the stool becomes softer and is more quickly excreted. Cut off an aloe leaf that is over three years old and squeeze juice out of it. Next, swallow 1 teaspoon of juice and drink a glass of cool, clean water, repeat 3 r. Per day.
- Dill water releases an accumulation of gases, therefore it is safe for newborns. Dill seeds need to be poured with a glass of boiling water in an amount of 1 tsp. for babies and 2 tsp for adults. Next, insist an hour under the lid, strain and drink a teaspoon.
What foods to eat to cleanse the body: popular recipes
The main goal for success in the fight against stagnation is to eat right, continuously monitor what the body consumes, maintain a healthy microflora. There is a list of foods that should be regularly included in the diet, especially for chronic constipation.
Pumpkin has proven itself as a laxative. Pumpkin puree can be taken fresh or added to porridge.
Dried fruits, such as dried apricots, prunes, figs, act perfectly as a laxative. Raisins rich in fiber will also help in this matter. Eat 2 tbsp daily. tablespoons of dried fruit of the same type or mixture and bring your health back to normal by the natural method.
Garlic not only disinfects and kills bacteria, but will also be beneficial in case of microflora disturbance. To normalize the stool and get rid of bloating, eat a few cloves of fresh garlic daily.
Slices of fresh and boiled vegetables, such as cucumber, carrots, beets, can be eaten in the morning instead of breakfast. Potatoes should be used with caution, they are pre-soaked in plain water for 2 hours in order to remove excess starch. Mashed potatoes are cooked in water, without adding butter.
Bran, which is a waste product from cereals, will speed up digestion, remove fats and toxins, and improve intestinal processes. From rice porridge, avoid rice, as it is known for its fastening abilities.
Natural juice from vegetables
To bring the chair back to normal will help juices from familiar and favorite vegetables, rich in vitamins and pleasant to taste. You can cook them depending on personal taste preferences. It can be a delicious carrot fresh, a kind of beetroot or a favorite of most tomato. A mixture of several options will also help with constipation. Be careful about pomegranate juice, as it has the opposite effect and will aggravate the situation.
Effective laxatives in the fight against constipation
Next, learn how to treat constipation at home with drinks with the effect of relaxation, the recipes of which are not complicated and with available ingredients.
Oil + kefir
For cooking, you need kefir with a low fat content. A glass of kefir contains a large number of lactic acid bacteria, so that food is easier to digest and normalizes motility. When interacting with oils (you need 1 tbsp.spoon per glass), for example, olive or sunflower, this drink is indispensable for an easy trip to the toilet.
Milk + Honey
A glass of hot milk, drunk in the morning on an empty stomach before eating, will help to easily empty. Many people cannot stand the taste of dairy products. In this case, you can add a spoonful of honey or sugar to the drink and drink it.
Take a half of fresh fruit and squeeze natural juice from it. Mix the resulting amount of juice with a glass of clean water and drink in the morning on an empty stomach. Citric acid gets inside and will stimulate the production of gastric juice. The body will cleanse safely and the intestinal tract will work.
Emergency laxative enema with soap for quick emptying
To get rid of unpleasant symptoms at home, you can use homemade remedies. Laundry soap as a laxative has long been known to the masses, but is only suitable for single use to clean the intestines. For the procedure, you should make a weak broth of chamomile, add a little soapy shavings to it. In a couple of minutes you will feel relief. Consider, in order to cure the chronic form of the disease, such a tool is categorically not suitable.
What exercise helps relieve constipation?
Therapeutic exercises have a stimulating effect on intestinal motility and helps to remove gases. The following physical exercises, which are not difficult to perform, normalize the activity of the excretion system:
- Spread your legs shoulder-width apart, inhale the air slowly and deeply, while inflating your stomach like a balloon. Next, exhale slowly with a gradual retraction of the abdomen inward. Repeat the exercise 3 times at intervals of 5 seconds. After this, you need to push, simulating a bowel movement. Try to relax your body for a while and repeat another 10 sets.
- Sit on a flat floor, stretch both legs in front of you, try to touch your fingertips with your hands, leaning forward and lock the tilt. Five approaches to this exercise need to be done.
Also, classes with squats, bends in different directions, lunges, twisting are suitable. Any physical activity will be very beneficial for health and will certainly improve mood.