Method 1. Useful time at home
1. It is necessary to plan time for study. In the calendar or diary, mark the time (at least once a day) when there will be little to distract you, and you will be able to do. You may not always be able to adhere to the schedule, but a well-functioning training regimen will allow you to deal effectively and prevent household chores from interfering with your studies.
· Try to set aside different times for classes throughout the day. This way you will understand which time period suits you best. Maybe it’s easier for you to do right after work? Before bedtime? After dinner? Only you can determine the time convenient for classes.
· If, depending on the day of the week, your household chores and responsibilities change, then try to alternate time. In order not to forget about studying, these deviations are important to write down. It will be much easier for you to stick to the schedule if it is constant.
· Having a class schedule does not mean that you cannot work out additionally if you have time. This will help to distribute the load evenly, and overload will not interfere with your studies.
2. Find a place to study. Ideally, the workplace should be organized at home, where you could be engaged. In this place, nothing should distract you. Children should not have access to this place so that you can work as efficiently as possible. Here you can fully devote yourself to study, and also protect your textbooks or unfinished work from children.
· If you don’t have such a place in your home where you can study, then select a shelf in a cupboard or a box for educational materials. Children should not have access to this place. So you protect your study materials.
· If you have a place for classes, but you can’t keep children out, try to explain to them that they should not enter the room while you are engaged, unless something unexpected happens that requires your immediate intervention.
3. Try to build a study schedule, taking into account family circumstances. The class schedule is undoubtedly useful, but you need to devote a little time to study during the day. So your study will not become an obstacle to your family responsibilities, and it will not seem to you that you are wasting time when you could spend it with your children.
· Exercise while cooking pasta or while baking meat in the oven. Training materials can be read while the son changes clothes after training, while standing in line do homework. So you learn how to make the most of your free time, and your study will not be to the detriment of the family.
4. Let the children help you. If your children are already big enough, then while you are busy, you can ask them to do household chores. Household chores will take the children, and you can study. So the housework will be done, and the children will comprehend the importance of labor.
· If your children are schoolchildren, agree that while you are studying, they must do their homework. This will eliminate unplanned breaks.
· If the children are too small for homework, then this technique will not work. But even small children can be entrusted with simple things, for example, sweeping the floor. Create an activity for children that will be like a game for them.
· If the children refuse, then they need to come up with a prize for the work done. For example, in two hours of work, the child can watch TV for half an hour.
5. Ask your soulmate to help you find time to study.. If you have a partner who lives with you and the children, then discuss your studies with him or her. Ask for help: entrust classes with children or the fulfillment of those duties related to children that you cannot complete due to classes.
· Child care should be shared, so don’t be afraid to ask for help. And your partner should support your desire for study.
6. Find an assistant. Hire a nanny or housekeeper who will cook and clean, if you have the opportunity. So you get rid of most of the work, and you will have time for classes. If you don’t have the opportunity to pay for babysitting or housework, try to arrange with relatives or friends to take turns taking care of each other’s children. Such mutual assistance will be useful to everyone, and you can calmly engage, without being distracted by the needs of children.
· Additional cares for caring for children several times a week should be taken over by the husband or wife, if you live with them. It is best to agree on this before you begin your studies.
· If you hire a nanny to sit with the children, then find a person who can adapt to your schedule.
Method 2. Useful time at the university
1. Try not to miss classes. For many, family is a priority, but if you decide to study, then you need to be serious. Studying will be of little use if you skip classes to sit at home with the children. Attend all lectures if you are serious about getting an education.
· Sometimes you will have situations that prevent you from going to classes. It is better to warn the teacher in advance and ask what needs to be done to catch up.
· If you missed a lecture, take notes from classmates. Just remember that the correspondence of the synopsis is not a complete replacement for the missed lesson.
2. Be careful at lectures. Just going to class is not enough. If you came to a lecture, try not to waste this time in vain. Participate in group projects and discussions, keep a summary, ask questions. It will be easier for you to learn if you work a little more at a lecture, and you have more time to spend it with the children.
· Take lectures as an opportunity to work out while no one distracts you. Nobody will bother you at this time, so you don’t have to spend it on worrying about what you’ve been home or feeling guilty that you are not with your children now.
3. Make your schedule easy. When choosing a program, pay attention to the days, time and place of employment. You must have time to go to school. Choose a program so that you do not have to go to school several times a day. Even better if classes are not held every day.
· It is better to come to classes by public transport, so you will have the opportunity to work out on the go. Check if you will catch the train or bus before and after class.
· If you are not at work during the day, then choose a program to attend classes during the day when children are at school. So you minimize the time you spend not together.
4. Use all the features of the university. Universities usually offer many useful services that allow students to study, manage their time and even do homework. Ask your teachers if your institution has such services.
· All questions that you have, ask your curator. He knows everything you need. With it, you can make your study as effective as possible.
· You can also use the sports facilities of the university, if any. It will be easier for you to do if you feel good.
5. Learn while you are in high school. On the territory of the university, find places where you could work out between classes or after classes, while there are traffic jams on the streets and you cannot go home. Empty seats, for sure, will be in the library, in the computer room. In addition, the atmosphere in these rooms will be conducive to learning.
· You can do homework there if you live near the university. So there will be fewer factors that will distract you.
· Separating home life from study, you can more effectively use your time, as you will not strive to be both a parent and a student. Children do not like when parents devote time to themselves, not to them.
6. Attend a consultation. Teachers consult with all groups. This is a good option to get advice on homework, coursework or get help on topics that you find difficult. Try to come to consultations regularly, even if you have no questions. So you will establish contact with the teacher, and it will be easier for you to agree on skipping classes when you need it.
· If you cannot attend counseling, ask teachers when else you can discuss training material with them.
· If you study remotely via the Internet, your teacher may be conducting online consultations. Treat them as well as regular consultations.
Method 3. How to make life easier
1. Believe in yourself. Do not concentrate on negative thoughts and feelings that you are older than other students and have not studied for a long time or that you should not spend so much time away from your family. Tell yourself that you are doing this to be better and you have the experience to successfully complete your studies and you have family support.
· It is not easy to decide to return to school. If you made such a decision, you have taken an important step and now you need to benefit from it.
· By doing something important for yourself, you are working on yourself, and your children will benefit from this. Do not allow the thought that it is selfish and harmful to children.
2. Perform all work on time. If you have been given a course completion schedule, plan it in advance so that you can do everything on time. Before passing the job or exams, you will need to work out a little more than usual. If you are ready for this in advance, then there will be nothing to worry about. No need to keep up with classes. It will be much more difficult to catch up, combining the child and study.
· Do a little every day to always keep up with your studies, and not sit at night on the eve of the exam. Even if you can only study 20 minutes a day, do it regularly.
· If you do not have time to master the material, contact the teacher for help, ask your soulmate to sit with the children, or increase the nanny's working day by 30 minutes.
3. Expect the real. No matter how you look at this situation, it is difficult to be both a student and a parent. Do not demand too much from yourself, do not try to surpass yourself in everything. Your educational goals should be based on what you want to achieve in the future, taking into account the family situation and personal aspirations. Do you want diversity or do you need to learn to stay in your workplace?
· Find out what you need to do to pass all the items. Do your best for this and be proud of your achievements.
· If you do not pass the exam or the test, you will have to retake it. Retake is not so terrible as neglect of children due to study. Your family priorities should determine your learning goals.
4. Do not feel guilty about studying. It is rather difficult to combine family life and study. But don't blame yourself for not spending time with children. You will have enough time to care for children and achieve your personal goals if you can adjust your curriculum to family responsibilities.
· Think about your desire to learn as a good example for children. And your ability to combine family and study should become a model for them.
5. Spend time with your family. Do not miss important moments in family life - do not let study take away all your time. Plan fun activities with your children and spend time together. This will help you avoid moral exhaustion, help your family maintain intimacy, and relieve your guilt that you pay a lot of attention to learning.
· Attend children's performances and trainings, go to the cinema together, and go on vacation. Take time for activities to help your family get closer.
· Undoubtedly, you will regret more about something missed in the life of the child than about the missed lecture. Carefully analyze your priorities.
· Do not be afraid to admit that you are swung at something more than you can master. Do not worry about the need to get rid of something and prioritize.
· Be sure to take time for yourself: do sports, favorite things, relax. The time spent on yourself will help you concentrate on your studies and maintain a good mood.
· Tell the children about the importance of your learning. If they realize that learning is really important to you, then they will most likely allow you to study and be less distracting.
· Do not neglect the psychological and emotional needs of children. If the child feels that you are constantly choosing him, and studying, he will hate your classes and throw tantrums.
· For the sake of additional activities do not sacrifice your well-being. If you get tired, then you may have health problems, and then you can’t study.
What is home schooling?
Home schooling is learning without school. More precisely - without suppression of personality, ridicule and gossip. The child draws knowledge about the world in the family. In the law “On Education in the Russian Federation” this form of education is called family education.
Family (home) education is flexible and free. No one will condemn the child for the manifestation of religious feelings or lack thereof, and most importantly, he will not inspire false values in him. The family itself chooses what, when and in what volume to study for children. Usually, mom and dad lay the foundations of morality and ethics, and algebra with chemistry, as a rule, are studied with the help of tutors and online courses.
Stage I - legal
Parents are required to ensure that their children receive a general education (9 grades). This is the law.
For a child to receive a certificate, it is necessary:
- notify local authorities and the school where the child studied about the transition to family education,
- Attach to a school with state accreditation for intermediate and final certification.
Foxford’s online home school is ready to provide you with informational support when switching to family education. Call 8-800-500-17-81 or write to [email protected]
II stage - methodical
During the transition to family education, you must determine:
- what program and textbooks will the child learn,
- how many hours per day will be allotted to classes
- how to track the results.
It's great if there are teachers in the family or parents have enough time to deal with complex topics with their children. Not? Tutors and the Internet will come to the rescue.
Foxford's home-based online school helps with grades 5 through 11. The program includes school curriculum items required for certification, as well as in-depth and olympiad courses to choose from. Teachers are professionals, always polite and welcoming. For attending classes and completing assignments, children receive not grades, but “experience points”. The competitive moment supports the motivation of adolescents. And personal curators help parents keep everything under control.
III stage - technical
In the end, the simplest thing: equip a child’s workplace, connect good internet, buy the necessary stationery, draw up a daily routine. It is better to include in the schedule not only classes according to the school curriculum, but also circles, sections, time with family, and rest.
Where, no matter how in the family, can a child receive the right values in life? Home schooling allows you to raise children in accordance with the moral values and traditions of the family.